Every Workflow you create will have at least one Step. Each Step within your workflow is what will determine what information you are syncing and in which direction you are sending it. Sounds simple right? Well, it can be, but with all of the features included in Autofy we understand that it can be a bit overwhelming to look at. To help you out, we have created a quick guide so you can become an expert in what your sync is doing and know how to take more control of the data you are syncing.
- Step Order: Each Step within a workflow is assigned a number and this is the order the steps will run in when you run a full sync.
- Sync Direction: This portion of the Step shows you what Channels and direction the data is following in. (In the example above, data is flowing from Salesforce to QuickBooks.)
- Source Object: This shows which Object you are pulling data from for your Source Channel. (In the example above, Opportunities are being pulled from Salesforce.) This also notes that only Opportunites that have been created or modified since your last sync time will be picked up by Autofy.
- Filters: Filters can be added to a sync if you want to filter out certain records based on a value within a certain field. Note, a sync does not need a filter to run properly.
- Preferences: This checkbox provides you the ability to control if Autofy inserts records or not. When the box is checked, Autofy will not automatically insert records and will instead update records only.
- Destination Object: This shows which Object you are sending data to from your Destination Channel. (In the example above, Autofy is inserting Opportunities from Salesforce to QuickBooks as Invoices.)
- Created or Modified since Time Stamp: This shows the last time this Step of your workflow was successfully synced and is the time that will be used to determine which records will be pulled from Autofy. Check out this article to learn more about how the timestamp impacts your sync.
- Test Sync: The test sync allows you to run one record at a time. For more info on how to use this feature, check out this article.
- Data Mapper: The Data Mapper will show you which fields are being pulled from your source object and where they are being sent in your destination object. Users on the Pro or Custom Subscription have the ability to modify and add field mappings within the Data Mapper.
- Enable/Disable Button: This button allows you to turn a Step on and off. When a step is Disabled, it will not run when you run a full sync.
Have questions? Let us know at email@example.com.