This application is unable to log into this QuickBooks company data file automatically. The QuickBooks administrator must grant permission for an automatic login through the Integrated Application preferences. If such permission was already granted, the administrator must revoke permission, save preferences, then grant the permission again.
Cause of Alert:
This alert is caused by the permissions settings selected with in QuickBooks. If you would like to allow Autofy to run when QuickBooks is closed you will need to ensure the appropriate permissions are selected. In addition, from time to time QuickBooks may require you to redo the permissions settings. There are multiple things changed within QuickBooks that can cause the permissions to need to be redone, such as a change in the name or location of the Company File or Quickbooks updates.
Login to QuickBooks and verify that the appropriate settings are selected by following the steps below.
1. Login to your QuickBooks Company File as the Admin and in Single User Mode.
2. Click Edit.
3. Click Preferences.
4. Click Integrated Applications.
5. Then click Company Preferences.
6. In your application list select "Propelware Autofy" and then click Properties.
7. Verify that "Allow this application to login automatically" is checked. If it is not checked you will want to adjust your settings. If it is checked, follow the steps below to redo your permissions certificate.
8. Hit Cancel to close out of the Properties window.
9. Select Propelware Autofy in your list of applications and select Remove.
10. Select Yes in the window that pops up.
11. Verify that Autofy Propelware is no longer in your list of approved applications.
12. Login to your Autofy Account and navigate to the Connections page. You will also want to make sure that your Autofy Agent is active.
13. Click Connections Settings under QuickBooks Desktop
14. Click Next.
15. Click Connect.
16. A window with the permissions certificate will pop up in QuickBooks. you will want to select the second dial which states "Yes, always; allow access even if QuickBooks is not running. Then select the user you would like to allow Autofy to login is. Then hit Continue.
17. Select Done on the next pop up.
18. Try to run your sync again.
Have questions? Let us know at email@example.com.