If you use QuickBooks Desktop, you'll need to install the Autofy Agent on your QuickBooks machine to get connected. Here's a handy guide outlining how to do just that. This guide assumes that you have access to the computer where QuickBooks is installed, so make sure you have the right access before starting!
To get started, add the QuickBooks Channel in Autofy on the Channels page. You should eventually see this:
1. After downloading, run the file from your computer by navigating to the file on your hard drive and double clicking on it. (This is usually your Downloads folder)
Note: Only install the Agent on a machine that has QuickBooks installed on it.
2. Click through the installation steps. Once the install is complete, check the "Run Autofy" box and click finish.
3. Now, you will need to connect the Autofy Agent with the Autofy service. To do this, enter the token found on the Autofy Settings screen online. The connection will report "Successful" when complete.
4. Open QuickBooks on your machine and sign in as the administrator.
Note: Make sure you're the Admin on the machine you're installing to (not just a user with Admin rights).
5. Once QuickBooks is open and you are signed in, go back to Autofy on the web, find the QuickBooks channel, and click Connect.
6. To complete this step, you will need to switch back to your QuickBooks screen and choose to approve Autofy's ability to update your QuickBooks company file. Click "Yes, Always allow access even when QuickBooks is not running" and "Continue". Then click "Done" on the pop up.
7. Switch back to the Autofy Agent window and see QuickBooks has connected successfully.
8. As a final step, go back to your browser and refresh the autofy.propelware.com Home screen. Under the QuickBooks section, you should see a "Connected" status message along with the name of the QuickBooks company Autofy Agent is connected to.
You are now set up to run your first sync with QuickBooks Desktop! Please chat us if you have any questions or issues.